Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pray for our President

I recently received an email that got me thinking. I have reposted the email in its entirety below:

"We were in slow-moving traffic the other day and we were stopped behind a car that had an unusual Obama bumper sticker on it. It read: "Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8".
When we got home my wife got out the Bible and opened it up to the scripture. She started laughing & laughing. Then she read it to me. I couldn't believe what it said. I had a good laugh, too.

Psalm 109:8 ~ "Let his days be few and brief; and let others step forward to replace him."

At last -- I can honestly voice a Biblical prayer for our president! Look it up -- it is word for word! Let us all bow our heads and pray."

I am by no means a lover of President Obama but being a Christian I know that I am commanded by Scripture to pray for him. I can guarantee you that this prayer is not what God had in mind. If you continue and read the remainder of Psalm 109 it says, "May his children be fatherless and his wife a widow. May his children be wandering beggars; may they be driven from their ruined homes. God would not be pleased with any Christian praying for the president to be killed. 

This email may have been sent around in fun or just for a laugh but we must think clearly through the emails that we send on a daily basis. If Christians are not willing to pray for the man that God has put in charge of this country then our country is in trouble. We do not have to agree with everything that President Obama does but we do have to submit to his authority as long is it does not contradict the Word of God. 

I ask that you would take a second and pray for our country and our president that God would give him wisdom and direction. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for opening my eyes and reminding me of what Jesus Christ has called me to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really makes you step back and think about things. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete