Tuesday, August 14, 2012

One For The Parents

I believe that the best way to impact your students with the gospel of Christ is for them to see you excited about what God is doing in your own life. I have been encouraging your students to invite their friends to our events and that will continue when they get to school. I hope that they will invite their classmates to come and hear Jesus preached on a weekly basis and they will share their faith with those same friends.

My question to you is, do you show your children that Jesus matters to your everyday life? Are you talking to your children about the coworkers that you are sharing the gospel with or inviting to church with you? I really believe that I can talk to them week after week about living out their faith but if they do not see you living out your faith at home it will not mean as much.

I need you. Your children need you. I do not have the impact on your kids that you do and I need you to back what I am teaching them by showing them how it works in "the real world". Will you commit to making it a point to live out your faith infront of your children?


“Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
Deuteronomy 6:4-9

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Marshall. We have tried to live out our Love for the Lord, and show them that it is truly our passion. I also appreciate you, and other adults in our Church who do walk a Christlike life in front of our kids. I have been thankful for the other adults in my children's lives who have given them great counsel when they needed to hear the same thing from someone other than mom. I am praying for great things for our student ministry!!

    ReplyDelete