Friday, January 14, 2011

Yearning For More?

Yearn-- longing: prolonged unfulfilled desire or need


It is my conviction that we need more yearning after God in America today. One of my favorite songs is called Yearn and was written by Shane Bernard and Shane Everett. 


Lord I want to yearn for You
I want to burn with passion
over You and only You
Lord I want to yearn



In our culture today, people burn with passion over a number of things. If we were to get really honest with ourselves I seriously doubt that many of us would be able to say that we burn with passion for our Lord. I have recently graduated from Seminary and am seeking God's direction for my life. I am evaluating myself and my relationship with God in light of that and really want to know where God would have me serve. It is tempting to let my desire to do the work of God overshadow my love for Him. I pray that as I seek what God has in store for my life that I would never forget the work that He did for me in the cross. 


It is easy throughout the years to "get over" our salvation. Many of us have had a relationship with Christ for so long that we have forgotten or lost that yearning for Christ that we once had. It is my desire to see students and parents alike burn with passion for Christ once again. Evaluate your life...look at the things that you desire...are you really yearning for Christ? Do you have an unfulfilled desire to know Him more and more? 


The purpose of this blog is to encourage people to desire a deep and meaningful relationship with Christ. The church is full of people who have great intentions of getting to know Christ more but often feel they do not have the time to do so. One great way to learn more about Christ is to ponder great passages of Scripture. You can do so along with others by going to Shay's blog. I pray that the church would be full of people who have a passion for God that is never fulfilled! I pray that we are always Yearning For More...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out in your blog. Am I the very first to ever leave a comment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder that we should all remember our first love and yearn for Him as we did in the beginning.

    ReplyDelete